Hi Everyone 🙂
This has been a nice, relaxing weekend full of family and friends. I hope that yall’s weekend has been lovely as well 🙂 I am loving being home for the summer. Moving away was always something I looked forward too. I wanted to know I could make it on my own, and so far, I have loved it! But, it sure has taught me the importance of family and home. I miss Mississippi very much when I am gone. Especially my kitchen 🙂 (I live in a dorm…with a SMALL kitchen.)
One of the best things about summertime is that I get to spend time with my boyfriend, Zack. LIke Lisa, he also attends a university in MS. Every time I am home, I cook him a meal consisting of anything and pretty much everything he wants. He is a pretty simple eater and his wishes usually contain anything to do with Alfredo sauce or garlic bread. So this time our menu was Chicken Alfredo Pizza with Cheesy Garlic Bread and a salad.
The pizza is really simple to put together. And by using a rotisserie chicken and Pilsbury Pizza Crust, I cut the prep time by a good 30 min. My favorite part of the pizza is the Alfredo sauce. It is SO easy to make and it tastes like it came from Olive Garden. 🙂 This was the second time I have made this recipe, and it has been Zackary approved both times! I hope you enjoy as well!
SInce I used a Pilsbury Pizza Crust (I used thin crust), and did not have to make the crust, I began by making the garlic butter. All you do is melt the butter and then add some rosemary, garlic, and salt. Once done, remove from heat, cover, and let cool.
Then I began the sauce. Working with ingredients on the stove that can burn so easily make me nervous. But not a bad nervous, more like a thrilling nervous. For some reason I see this type of cooking as a challenge. So challenge accepted! For convenience, I went ahead and measured everything out into separate bowls so I could just pour it when it was needed.
Start with melting the butter, then add the salt, pepper and flour. Next, stir in the milk and cheese. Stir CONSTANTLY until it thickens up! Which it should then look like this:
Perfect thick and creamy Alfredo sauce 🙂 Once it has thickened up, remove from heat and cover.
The next step is preparing the chicken. All you do is tear up the rotisserie chicken (be careful to remove ALL bones, the small ones can hide sometimes) and season it with rosemary, thyme, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, and some salt. Mix that up real good and set aside.
I had a helper for this part.. my sweet puppy was there to make any fallen scraps were taken care of. How could I say no to this face? Some pieces might of fallen on purpose… maybe.
Anywho.. the next and final step is putting it all together! Roll out the pizza crust, cover with the garlic butter and then Alfredo Sauce. Then bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and add the chicken as well as some graded cheese. Place the pizza back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
And viola! A beautiful and delicious Chicken Alfredo Pizza 🙂
Chicken Alfredo Pizza, adapted from Allrecipes.com
4 Tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 dash ground black pepper
4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
3/4 cup Romano Cheese (I used parmesan)
2 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pinch dried rosemary
1 pinch salt
1 rotisserie chicken, medium size
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Pillsbury Pizza Crust (thick or thin) (thick crust might need longer in the oven)
1. To Make Garlic Butter: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Blend in the garlic, rosemary, and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is tender but not browned. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside.
2. To Make Sauce: Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Blend in salt, pepper, and flour, then stir in the milk and cheese. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Season the roasted chicken with rosemary, thyme, poultry seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Chop or shred and reserve.
4. Assemble the Pizza: Spread dough out on prepared pizza stone*. Top with cooled garlic butter, covering entire crust. Next, spread with Alfredo Sauce (if necessary, warm to spreading consistency), leaving crust edges.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, take out of oven and top with chicken. Place back in oven for 5 minutes.
* The original recipe on Allrecipes gives directions for making your on pizza dough. I have tried this recipe once and it is very good and easy! But as I have stated, the Pillsbury dough worked great and it does save a few minutes. Feel free to do either! Let us know how it works for you 🙂
Hope you enjoy 🙂